Search Lobsterland

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Raining On My Parade



Okay, it's not just my parade. But it rained.





I thought last year's lineup was better, too. Fewer politicians, and last year there were the Cobras. Shouldn't politicians have to qualify somehow as parade-worthy? A politician in an antique car I can forgive, but just some schmuck handing out leaflets and telling us he's running for such and such, there's no real entertainment value to that.








Tell the politicians they have to wear pancake makcup and red bulb noses, that they need to juggle as they walk down the route or else they need to find a chair and watch the show like everyone else.



Ditto for businesses that want to plug themselves. At least Heartland Plumbing has a giant toilet that makes huge flushing sounds going down the street. That's a parade item even if their vans are nothing to look at.



It was cool, that was nice. Hot weather is always the big drawback with a parade in August.







And looking through my excessive snapshots, I see more than the usual number of blurry shots. I guess the light was lower than I realized, should have cranked the ISO a bit.



I'll be doing some tainted meats out of a few of these shots, I'm pretty sure. They just beg for it.

No comments: