Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Red Box

People ask me if I've ever rented from the Red Box.

Only a dollar.

And I say, no, I get movies from the public library for free. Sure, sometimes I have to wait my turn, but unless I keep the movie more than a week or three (I can renew twice if there's no holds from another patron) it costs me nothing but the play time of the show.

I wanted to take my honyocks to a movie in the theater Sunday evening. Space Chimps, specifically, but it was too much money. No deal on Sunday, it would cost $30 just for us to walk through the door. And that's crazy. Wouldn't be worth it even if I had it.



And every time we pass a Red Box, Em asks. To the extent that when I suggested we rent a Red Box movie, she said, 'But we can get DVDs free from the library.'



It was almost like she's been listening to me.

Anyways, we rented College Road Trip. Which Em thought was a riot. Mo thought it was a good reason to walk circles through the house. I thought it made a good case against the writers who went on strike awhile back. They shouldn't get paid for this kind of crap.



Anyway, I made popcorn and we had fun with our badly written movie. Then I forgot to take it back in 24 hours and had to pay a second dollar.

No comments: