Search Lobsterland

Friday, August 22, 2008

Me Time



Just got off the phone with the greatest photographer on earth, a lifelong friend and victim of my incessant marriage proposals.



I'm trying to borrow some camera gear off her to shoot Mars, which is getting ridiculously close to the moon but I keep missing it. And my camera really isn't the man for that job.

Anyway, this weekend is one of my six totally irresponsible weekends a year. I have my kids three weekends a month, which is great. And I have a freelance project every other month that eats that fourth weekend like me attacking a large pizza. Leaving six weekends a year where I have no children and nothing commercially required of me.

Me time.

They're rare, so I fill them to the brim. And this weekend, more than usual.



Tomorrow is rocket launching in Pattonsburg. Then the Mighty Mighty BossTones at Grinders.



Then Sunday, I make beer. Friends coming to help, all that.

Made a trip through Bacchus & Barleycorn this evening. Tortured myself a bit, what to make. My Ugly American Stout turned out so well I wanted to do it again, but only getting to brew three or four times a year, it seems wrong to do the same thing back to back.




So I didn't, except I did. Sort of. A bit more base grain in this batch, a bit less roasted barley and a bit more of some speciality grains. A more complicated hopping schedule, too, but basically another American Stout.

Splitting the ten gallons between two yeasts strains this time, see if all those hops completely obscure the character of the yeast.

No comments: