Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grilled Chicken Casserole

I hate to cook like this in the summer, but I was running near out of leftovers to take to work. And I'd caved and eaten fast food for lunch far too often of late. It costs too much money, but more than that, I'm getting too fat.



Come right down to it, this isn't a 'light' casserole, but it's lighter than fast food.



To start, I had some chicken breasts I was grilling. Mo downed one, Em flirted with one, and I included her leftovers with the third breast, which would have been mine. It looked pretty good by itself, but this way I get to stretch it out over a few meals.



I did a big batch (10 cups of chicken broth to 3 cups of brown rice) of risotto with lots of garlic while I waited for the charcoal to be tame enough to cook the chicken. Meanwhile I cut up a bunch of fresh broccoli, a green bell pepper, some baby-bella mushrooms and onion.



I sauteed some yellow onion with the mushrooms, also chopped some fresh green onions to top the casserole off with.



I added a 26 oz can of 98% fat free Cream of Mushroom. See also a lit (maybe a pound and a half) of shredded low-fat mozzarella.



I added some sesame seed oil for a savory accent, and plenty of black pepper.



Oops, I did it again: I overflowed my casserole dish and had to use two dishes to finish this. Which included some sesame seed oil, a few stiffed door charges and whatnot.

No comments: