Search Lobsterland

Saturday, August 23, 2008

First a Mental Institution, Now Rain?

That's a line from Crazy People, excellent movie if you haven't seen it.

Pattonsburg got rained out. So if I do manage to get Otis signed tonight, he may never fly. Or only fly in the dessert or something.

Of course there's a good chance I'm going to be listening to the Mighty Mighty BossTones in the rain as well. It's an outdoor venue, and the forecast isn't quite what I'd hoped for.

I guess you can't have Shangrila forever. That's not a line from Crazy People, that's a line a particular crazy person I used to know was fond of saying. She'd say it apropos of nothing whatever, between rants about the 'bitches and whores' who were supposedly trying to 'steal' her husband. The fact that her husband was almost as big a toad couldn't quite penetrate her delusional structures, and she talked about this a lot.

No comments: