Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Putting Up the Christmas



I started on the outside lights, but alas, I didn't get all the way there. I was missing an extension chord due to an ugly incident that burned one up last summer. But I did put up the new tree. I got it and some ornaments on clearance at the end of last year and added a few more ornaments this year.

I was supposed to put up a new tree last year. Two years ago, I noticed my tree was looking out for better days, and was going to buy a replacement on post-Xmas clearance. Then I was traduced and fired from my job five days before Christmas and somehow that replacement tree kind of got de-prioritized.



The girls had fun hanging the ornaments.

I've been trying hard to impress on Mo that it's a look but don't touch situation now that it's up. While she was hanging the ornaments, I kept telling her it was a one-way street. Put them up, then don't touch them until January when we take it all down.




Times past, she's had a compulsion about throwing the ornaments on the landing and shattering them. So anything I've bought the past couple years has been labeled 'shatterproof,' but I'm also trying to address the behavior at the Mo level. She's already done one time out for pulling ornaments off the tree.

No comments: