Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Adequate Mall Revisited



The mission was to get another thousand minutes for my cell phone. I carry a cell phone grudgingly, so I go for the bare minimum. The cheapest prepaid phone I could get, and I buy 1000 minutes at a pop for $100. The minutes are good for a year, and they usually last me about ten months, so that's about right.



Because I'd been out of minutes for a week or so I hadn't thought to keep the phone on its charger. I inquired of the T-Mobile store dude about maybe a car charger.

The guy looked at my phone and said, 'Ooh, uh, no. I wouldn't have anything that fits this.'



I bought the phone here, about two years ago I said.

Apparently this makes my phone something to have appraised at the Antiques Road Show. Go figure.



Anyway, while we were in the Adequate Mall, we stumbled on a cool little firefighting museum that's replaced a tie-dye t-shirt shop. We hit the pet store, too.

I think we're in for a rough decade, economically speaking, and I saw signs of it all over the mall. The merchants setting up little stands in the walkways of this mall are nowhere to be seen. Normally, by November, the place is thick with huxters selling hair extensions or toy helicopters or whatever.



And the food court only has three restaurants open. Out of something like ten slots.

No comments: