Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pizza (With Red Sauce!!!)



I'm not much for red sauce on pizza, but I was thinking maybe I was in the mood for it.



I knew I was making a prosciutto/black olive with Alfredo, Em's favorite, and a pepperoni, Mo's favorite. And I'd figured Alredo sauce for both pies. But, wild hair, I asked Mo which she'd prefer and she said Marinara. And it wasn't just echolalia, she pointed to the jar and said, 'Mmmm-hmmm.'





Red sauce it is. Some black olives, too. And plenty of pepperoni with as much of the grease sweated out as I could manage. Great for cutting the fat down and increasing the pepperoni flavor. The top stuff gets nicely crisp, too.





Normally, Mo picks the toppings she likes off a pizza, eats the cheese and pepperoni, for instance, and leaves the rest. Or she'll pull the toppings off and just eat crust. So imagine my surprise when she picked up her piece and bit off the tip. Then continued to eat the rest of the piece like a non-Mo.

No comments: