Search Lobsterland

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Happy Trails



We tried again to take Em's friend for a rocket launch, and got there to find high winds yet again.

So we hit the trails.



And along the way, the girls stopped and got really quiet. Motioned for me not to move.



They'd spotted two deer who were incredibly close to the trail and standing extremely still. As if saying to one another, 'Shhhhh! There's people, don't move or they'll run.'



We also spotted this teepee type ting, piled up wood. I got closer to take a look, and my first impulse was to duck inside and see what it was like.

Then I got to thinking that an animal might consider this their home and not take too kindly to a home invasion. But then, such an animal would probably be either trying to escape or making noises to scare off whatever was approaching and I heard nothing.

What I did see through the slats was what appeared to be leaves and fur fairly matted to the ground, as if something does indeed sleep there even if it wasn't home. At which point I remembered how the signs say to stay the hell on the trail and maybe that's because of stuff like this. Obviously people piled the wood just so, but maybe that was specifically to provide shelter that would attract certain animals.

Dunno.

No comments: