Search Lobsterland

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Pumpkin Seeds



So I had seeds from when we carved jack-o-lanterns Wednesday night, but I had to put them in the fridge. As recipes go, it's about as simple as it gets: spray the pan, spread the seeds, put a few dobs of butter about it, roast it all at 350ºF until they start to turn brown.



But alas, I was out of butter. It doesn't take much, and actually I use Smart Balance, but I didn't have enough to threaten a piece of toast.



So I roasted them up after trick-or-treating. I know it's not exactly health food, but I suppose it provides a modest karmic balance to the wasting several pounds of winter squash for the sake of an ornament. Of course, Em didn't carve her pumpkin. Maybe I can scrub the acrylic off it and make pumpkin pie.



Then again, probably not.

No comments: