Search Lobsterland

Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Rise of Tomatosaurus

I've got several plants that are moob high, and Kellog's Breakfast has joined Paul Robeson and Gigant Pellina in having fruit set. It's paler, duller looking than the fruit set on those other two, but then it's an orange tomato when ripe, so that stands to reason. It appears to have more ribbing to its shape, too, so I wonder if the ripe KBs will look like little princess pumpkins.



The plants I'm trying to grow from Julie's cuttings are looking iffy. I see spots on the leaves that would make me pull those leaves, but alas, there'd be no leaves left if I did so.



I did some additional tying, something I've been doing about twice a week now that they're starting to take off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good there! You'll have a BLT by mid-July at the latest!

As for the cuttings...you might want to move them to a shady/semi-shady area until they get bigger. They need to focus on root growth and this intense summer heat stresses them a bit much.

James