Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 26, 2010

More Fruit Set



Mortgage Lifter, Tom's Yellow Wonder, Cherokee Purple, and Stupice have started setting fruit, making a total of seven of my fifteen varieties that have made good on their threats to grow tomatoes.



And, surprisingly, I got three more ripe ones off my pitiful, sickly Micro Toms. They're not healthy plants, but one of them seems to have managed to bear fruit despite being practically leafless at this point.



They taste fantastic, it's a shame there's not more of them.



And at least one zucchini has germinated. Not having done a lot of gardening, I always wonder if I'll be able to tell a weed from the plant I'm trying to grow. But I'm pretty sure these guys don't look like any of the volunteer leaves around my yard.



My Kung Pao pepper plant is the healthiest looking plant of my peppers so far, and has quite a few flowers on it.

No comments: