Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I Never



I never did, no. As a matter of fact, if I get around to scuba diving someday, I'm pretty sure that on a dive is the last place I want to be reached by a cell phone.



What really astonishes me is that there could be enough people this empty inside, this starved for a constant stream of chatter that the cell phone is as important as air itself when they're underwater, that a company can profitably buy this stupid ad in the SkyMall catalog.



For some reason it reminds me of this guy, a rant I've seen posted on FB a few times, about how everything is amazing but nobody's happy. Makes me wonder if when I go scuba diving someday, and don't want to take my phone with me, other divers will look at me like I must be Amish or something.

No comments: