Search Lobsterland

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sending Off

Em got on the bus to go to 4H camp today. Last year's attempt ended with her calling to come home the first day. She knew nobody there, and the whole setup ended up freaking her out.



This year, it's a different camp and she's bunking with her BFF. I'm not even thinking about what I'll do if she pulls a sequel to the bail-out because I'm certain she's going to have a flat-out blast.






I mailed her a card at camp yesterday, she should get it Monday. I made it the same evening I made a birthday card for my sister-in-law, and a Fathers Day card for my Dad.



She spent the night with the BFF, but me and Mo went to send her off, give hugs and whatnot.



I spotted this wind turbine near the extension office. With a plaque explaining that it generates enough power for about half a single family home and that it's new technologies generate this juice for about the same cost as coal or nuclear.


Awesome. I'll take two of them. Seriously, if the cost is the same, plant two of them in everyone's yard. If you think they're ugly, cope with it. Actually, let me buy three, and I'll pocket the money selling my surplus to the grid (or maybe I'll just turn my AC where I want to in the summer).

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I second that. Gimme three. Would you believe that I have not once turned on the AC yet this year? I'm making a martyr of myself in the name of being green (and sadly, to counter the cost of fuel), much to the chagrin of two very sweaty boys.