Search Lobsterland

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Rocket-Free, Kite-Free Lobstermobile



There's not one rocket in my car right now. No range box. No kites for when it's too windy to launch.

I took all that stuff out to make room for my brew gear. Well, all that I didn't already haul over to Bacchus & Barleycorn. I dropped my keg-pots and some cinder blocks off on the way home from work the other day because the Lobstermobile is a Honda Accord.



Time was when I had an F-150 which accommodated my gear nicely. Before that, a Roadmaster wagon, before that, Puff the Tragic Wagon, a Volvo 740 Turbo Diesel wagon that disproved the Law of Displaced Misery (which states that nothing else can go wrong in your life while you own a Swedish car).

Mind you, I miss none of these vehicles with gas prices being what they are. But my brew gear required multiple trips.

So I'm loaded for bear. I'll be out back at Bacchus & Barleycorn tomorrow pretty much all day. The official start time is 10:00am, but I plan to get there a little ahead of that to start setting up. My brewing techniques tend to the slow end, so I'll do myself a favor showing up early.



It's a demonstration brew, there'll be a bunch of other guys, all levels of sophistication from extract to all grain, simple gear to RIMS systems. And beer on hand, too. Come by and carpe brewski, learn a bit about making beer, and hang out.

What am I brewing? I still haven't decided. I've been waxing between a nice stout and something Trappist.

No comments: