Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Burgers



Last time I went cheap and grabbed the 80/20 ground chuck that was on sale on top of being the cheapest grade of burger to begin with. This time, I listened to my inner nag. Maybe I can't afford to insist on ground bison every time, but surely I can handle the price difference to go with the 93/7 ground beef.



I did my rolling pin trick to flatten them out a bit after the patty former, but I should have done more. Despite being leaner, they shrank more than I wanted them to on the grill. I did make them lighter this time. Instead of a 2/3 cup patty, I measured 1/2 cup per patty. Eight patties out of a 2-1/4 pound package of meat, I guess they're more or less quarter-pounders.

I tried grilling half an onion, but I think my fire was too tame to do a good job of cooking it, and I should have done something to get some olive oil, salt and pepper (at least) into the half. As it was, it was bland and half-cooked.



I also wished I'd picked up a tomato. I mean, the honyocks only eat the patty and the bun, so it's just me when it comes to veggies on top. As I put a slice of onion and quite a bit of Spring Mix as lettuce, Em told me, 'No! It ruins it! Stupid hobbitses.'

No comments: