Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pull! (Continued)



Okay, so after 20 hours at 175ºF, my chops were ready to pull.

The orange juice chops definitely tenderized better. All I had to do was look at them funny and they fell apart. The diced tomato batch was pretty stiff. Not tough, but not as easily worked as I had in mind.



I got a batch of brown rice cooking in chicken broth and most of a eight ounce thing of baby bellas. But we were hungry right now and brown rice takes 45 minutes.



Em had her chop straight, not pulled. She tasted both and decided the tomato batch was less disgusting than the OJ batch. Mo thought both were a confederacy of yuck, and I finally gave up and nuked some chicken nuggets for her.



Me, I did a wrap thing. A little pork, some black beans, a sprinkling of chipotle, a few bits of 'shroom, a green onion, some spring mix.



The brown rice got put away with the leftovers. Which also got dosed with a bit of chipotle because it's obvious I'm going to be on my own to dispose of these leftovers.

No comments: