Search Lobsterland

Monday, April 23, 2007

Super Size Me...Bluh

Okay, last night I watched the movie Super Size Me. A pretty well executed propaganda piece, and one I'm not unsympathetic with.

But lordy did it make me hungry for a Big Mac.

This is strange, because I generally detest McDonald's food. I occasionally get roped into buying my daughters a meal there, and they think it's the bomb, but I always end up feeling it would have been better to just stay hungry.



It's not, unfortunately, that I just don't like fast food. But where it takes active will to avoid eating Wendy's or Taco Via, the Golden Arches are usually no temptation at all.

Even this morning on the way to work, I was thinking, boy, I could really go for a Big Mac. Even for breakfast. But I didn't.

At lunch, I ate a Gladware of Son of Lasagnchilada.

When I came home from work, mowed the lawn, ran to the library, went through Stuff-Mart for a few things, realized I hadn't eaten dinner (it was 9:00 pm at this point), I caved.

I didn't get their nasty fries or anything, just the one sandwich. $2.58 with tax.

It's as repellent as I remember. Not so awful to eat, just bland, but afterward, bluh...

No comments: