Search Lobsterland

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Son of Lasagnchilada


Okay, like I didn't get enough cooking in with my big brewing session...

Actually, it was more that I was half starved. I bowl of Ramen was the only thing I ate through the day, so my stomach thought my throat was cut.

That Cormac McCarthy line, by the way, is now Em's standard expression for being hungry.



So before Sally Struthers could bring a camera crew and start showing my plight to the world, I whipped up some Lasagnchilada.

Because it's good, but also because it's easy. Same basic procedure as before.

1 medium onion, chopped and sautéed, add:
1 28 oz can enchilada sauce
1 10 oz can Ro-Tel
12 oz Gardenburger crumbles (ground meatless)
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 lb thawed bell pepper strips
1/4 cup sliced jalapeños
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin

Layer corn tortillas, the above concoction, and grated cheese. In this case, there are three layers of each, and I used Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar. About a pound and a half of the cheese, which seems like a lot, but I cut the casserole into eight servings, and that's three ounces to a serving. Since that's pretty much the only source of fat in it, not so bad.

No comments: