Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Other White Meat


Grilled some pork loin chops, baked some taters and steamed some mustard greens for supper. Also threw on the last two Omaha Steak bacon wrapped fillets from a gift by a distributor in my old job.

Em loved these last time I made them, though she had a migraine later that evening and threw it up.

Tonight, she ate one, got a migraine and threw it up.

I'm thinking maybe she's sensitive to nitrates. It's one of the things her neurologist said to be wary of, but she's eaten tons of Spam, bologna, cotto salami/peanut butter sandwiches and had no grief from them.

What I'm thinking, maybe because of having to ship the steaks long distance, maybe Omaha uses a lot more such preservatives. Or maybe a whole other one, some sort of sulphite or whatever. I think I'll write them and ask. And I think I'll hold off on feeding Em any more bacon wrapped fillets.



And what's up with this? I noticed as I was getting the potatoes ready that I'd bought NASCAR licensed spuds. What? Absolutely ridunculous.

No comments: