Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Morning

Okay, when I mentioned hiding eggs Friday, Em objected that this was the Easter Bunny's responsibility. Until this moment, I hadn't realized she might still see a difference between the Easter Bunny and me.

What to do? I have the girls for the weekend, and it's not like i can buy plastic grass and chocolate eggs and crap with them in tow and then pass it off as a miraculous visitation in the night.

"Look, girls! The Easter Bunny came and brought a bunch of stuff just like we bought at Wal-Mart yesterday."

"Dad, it is the stuff you bought at Wal-Mart yesterday."

"No, I'm pretty sure this is different stuff, because I gave that stuff to the aliens who came in the night to bribe them into not probing my anus."

My Mom bailed me out, wrapping some Eastery goodies into a plain brown bag I covertly picked up on an impromptu visit to Grandma's yesterday. Moms are good that way, huh?




Anyway, after all Em's marveling at the gift of chocolate left by this mythical rodent, the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster tells me Em came clean to her last year that she knew the Easter Bunny was bullshit. Still believes in Santa, but not the Bunny.

Go figure.

Maybe she's feigning belief for chocolate.

No comments: