Search Lobsterland

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Easter Truffles


Okay, we made Oreo Truffles again.

I said I wouldn't until I had a food processor because it about breaks your hands trying to mash the Oreos into an oily paste.



I made smaller filling balls this time. Which, I think, created more surface area to cover, and that threatened to run us out of milk chocolate to cover the cores up.



What you do is pulverize:
1 package Oreos



Mix with:
8oz Cream Cheese



Blend into paste, then ball up and coat the balls with melted
Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips



What you get, it would fool a choclatier that it was truly a chocolate truffle.

Last time, when I messed up my first batch of coating, I'd put the balls of filling in the fridge. I think that helped, because this time there tended to be show-through. Belly buttons that needed filled, where you could see the core of the truffle.

I think having the centers cold helped solidify the barest of coatings instantly. File that away for future reference.

This time, we got over 40 hyper-addictive balls out of the recipe.

No comments: