Search Lobsterland

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Übergeek

I am such a nerd. For serious.

I found out today that Rush is coming to town. I can't afford to go to a concert, but damn. This would be even better than Ani DiFranco, except that Ani's show attracts a ton of women. Rush, as far as I know, is all guys about my age and the occasional pissed off girlfriend who just might decide to experiment with lesbianism after this.

Of course, much the female flesh pressed so delightfully around me at Ani's show had already gone way past experimenting with lesbianism. Embracing, probably, is more the verb.

Did I just pull an Imus? Should I do a 'some of my best friends are lesbians' thing? Oh, wait, this is a blog, and I don't get paid for it. I can't be fired from this. It's not like a real job I took seriously, worked hard for over a decade and and got thrown out of for false pretense with no severance and no unemployment less than a week before Christmas.

Some of my best friends? How about half my ex girlfriends? Is it me? I know, I probably don't want an answer there.

But to get back to the real reason I'm typing this while listening to By-tor & The Snow Dog at concert volume (even though it's one of their least-hip pieces, IMHO), Rush is coming. And I'm going to miss it. Again.

I really should have a pair of 12-sided dice hanging from my rear view mirror, huh?

No comments: