Search Lobsterland

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Egg Hunt



Okay, after the Easter Dinner at Grandma Mary's, I hid 70 eggs for the honyocks to find.



They found them all, then Em wanted to hide some from me.



Then she wanted me to hide more from her.



Mo, I wasn't sure if she'd hunt eggs. Last time I tried, she didn't seem to give a damn about it.



But after a rough start, where she tried to peel and eat the first one she found on the spot, she got the notion and turned out to be a very diligent egg hunter.



One trip was enough for her, though. Em was insatiable with it.



Em also chastized me for hiding what she considered to be the finest Easter Egg of the lot, a tie-dyed one she had decided was the Trophy.



We set him up on one of Grandma Mary's saltcellars (she collects saltcellars, has a whole hutch full of them). Em started to put the saltcellar on a pedestal of tuna cans, but Grandma Mary thought that would look trashy. Then I said it was totally appropriate, since that was where the Trophy was headed, and that got Em to think the tuna cans weren't a good idea.

No comments: