Search Lobsterland

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

I went to the dress rehearsal for Gardner Community Theater's production of Annie tonight.

Em is in the Hooverville Chorus.

It was a kicking performance. The girl that plays the orphan Molly is a real show-stealer, a natural talent if I've ever seen one. The chick that plays Lily (Rooster's girl), really sauces it up and has fun with it. The Feebster rocks as a musical director.



And all the way around, the production rocked. I've actually never seen Annie. I thought I hated it, but I think that's because I saw ten minutes of the movie when I was in ninth grade, and that year, I was too cool to admit I like the musical Hair, let alone Annie.

It's the perfect thing for a community theater to produce since it has a ton of roles. Yeah, Annie has a lot to carry, and the girl who plays her is one of those who was born semi-pro. But what seems like a million minor roles and multiple choruses, there's enough to go around and everyone doesn't have to learn two hours of material.

Anyway, great show, lots of energy, very professional acting, singing and backdrops. This isn't Broadway, don't get me wrong, but it's a highly enjoyable way to spend a couple hours even if you don't have a kid in Hooverville. I should know because Hooverville is only on stage for a couple of scenes.

Anyway, I took 439 pictures, but I don't have the time or energy to sift through them tonight so I leave you with one. Of the star of the show (as far as I'm concerned).

No comments: