Search Lobsterland

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Uninitiated

I went to The Uninvited on the way home from work tonight. It's a formula thriller, but a good one. It won't win any Oscars, but it was diverting.

It also gave me an idea for my next failed attempt at writing a novel. I had a notion, which I am still mulling around, and this gave me another notion for a decent twist.

Don't wait under water, I still haven't even come up with characters, it's more a scenario than anything at this point. And last time I started to write a book I ended up with almost 200,000 words of pure drivel I can't even imagine salvaging through rewrites.

Maybe it's the price you pay for going to a teenie film, and this is definitely that, but the giggling girls in the row in front of me and behind me were a distraction. They weren't totally obnoxious, but they were definitely too young to sit still for a whole movie.

No comments: