Search Lobsterland

Thursday, February 05, 2009

The Proverbial Throwing of the Fat on the Proverbial Fire

Is there a law against using the word 'proverbial' twice in a headline?  Probably ought to be.


Throwing the Fat on the Fire from Chixulub on Vimeo.

All of this was preparatory to me grilling salmon in hopes of cooking a dinner that might undo a modicum of breakfast's damage.



I squirted the juice of a lemon on the salmon and sprinkled it with freshly ground pepper and some sea salt before grilling in foil (this was a skinless filet, so foil was the only way to do it; when I get it on the skin I grill it nekkid). Emily said, more or less, 'No! It ruins it! Stupid Hobbitses!'

Okay, actually it wasn't more or less, that was an exact quote.



I told her if she'd eat it this time, I'd never contaminate the salmon with lemon again. I hoped that she'd acquire a taste for it this way, but no such luck.

No comments: