Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fried Chicken

Appeasement gets you nowhere, I know.

But when I found out I was going to have the girls an extra night, a night I was going to make Pad Thai for dinner (and no, my kids won't eat that with me) I decided to make fried chicken.

Thing is, this is before I pulled into the Asian Food Market and Em cried out that I needed to just cook 'something American' for crying out loud. So I wasn't appeasing the teenaged tyrant, I had already decided Pad Thai for me and fried chicken for them.



Chicken is pretty much Mo's favorite protein. And Em likes it too. The Pad Thai recipe that inspired me called for shrimp, but shrimp, while adored by both my daughters, are pricey. I did get a small packet of dried shrimp at the Asian market for the dish, but it was in hopes of a hint of shrimp flavor.

So I got some boneless/skinless breasts and figured I'd make some of it into Pad Thai and some of it into...fried chicken.



Heat the oil, dredge the chicken in flour seasoned with some salt and pepper, fry it 'till it looks about like this. I made most of the chicken this way, and the girls ate it all. I cubed maybe a pound of it for the Pad Thai.

No comments: