Search Lobsterland

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wheat Cat Body Biscuits

I decided to try the same recipe for buttermilk biscuits but with whole wheat flour.

I did cave and use some bread flour, maybe a half cup of the total. So basically...

Whisk together:
1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup bread flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt



Cut with pastry knife until it looks like flour BBs:

1 stick butter, cold from fridge

Add:
1 cup buttermilk

Mix until it's a pasty dough and knead by folding over a dozen or more times.



Roll out and cut with a big, bad hamburger patty shape tool. This time, the recipe makes only six biscuits, but each is practically a meal by itself. Cat head biscuits? I think they might have been bigger than a cat's head.

I didn't make gravy this week, but I did do a couple sunny side up eggs to go along with...

No comments: