Search Lobsterland

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rosemary Lamb Loaf with Roast Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts



As I say, I was skeptical about the rosemary going in the green bell peppers, but then I also found I had an extra 12 oz. or so of ground lamb. So, why not make leftovers?




I stripped the rosemary from it's stem and chopped it fine. Cooking shows I see they leave the stem in and chop through it, but it seems too tough for my taste (and for my kitchen knife to easily do).



Chopped up the other half of that medium onion, broke the last two eggs, and then got to thinking...anchovies?



I drained a two ounce can, set aside four filets for dressing the top and chopped the rest up to add to the mixture.



A half cup of rolled oats, some black pepper, and you got yourself a lump of meaty gunk you can form into a loaf and bake. I make it sound so appetizing, right? I'll be hosting my own show on Food Network before you know it. Because if ever there was a guy who could make cooking look as sexy as Rachel Ray...well, shit. They'd probably give that guy the job instead.



I cubed up some potatoes and drizzled olive oil on them, then tossed them with paprika, parsley, minced garlic, black pepper and salt, and put them in the pan along with a few frozen brussels sprouts.



Shove the whole thing in that 350º oven for an hour.

Then I baked for 1 hour at 350ºF with frozen Brussels Sprouts and 2 baking potatoes diced and coated with olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, paprika, black pepper & salt.



Mo was in bed by the time it was done, but I offered some to Em and she asked if I as trying to kill her.

No comments: