Search Lobsterland

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mo's Birthday Cake


I feel like I'm in a rut: I keep making this chocolate mayonnaise cake every time a kid has a birthday. It's a good recipe, a fairly rich and moist cake that's pretty easy to make. But there's pages and pages of recipes in Joy of Cooking that I've just never tried.



I also need to start making my own frosting, I think. The canned stuff is good, but I bet I could make better.

I was out of eggs and baking chocolate, so we headed to the store. During our expedition, Mo had a small seizure. Minor, but draining for her. My choice was between taking her straight home and not having the ingredients to make her cake, or finish shopping with a zombie in tow.



Me and the zombie finished the shopping, little that there was to it. You could tell she was zonked, but she was a trooper. When we got home she slept for a little over an hour, got up and ate a bit, then went back to bed for the night. Meaning she was out cold when it came time to lick the bowl, so Sissy did it for her.



Sure hope the neurologist can come up with a prescription that makes this less business-as-usual...

No comments: