Search Lobsterland

Monday, February 25, 2008

Pondering...



My garage has been too cold to pleasantly work in, and below the temperature range of the epoxy I'm dying to try, but I'm thinking about what to do with my rocket building stuff.



I have tubes, centering rings, nose cones, but choices to make. I can build a Great Pumpkin type thing taller than me, but that'd be strictly composite motors and FAA notifications. Fun, sexy, but...



I can also build a sequel to Mr. Creosote. And I could use the transition for the Great Pumpkin type thing to go the other way, make a rocket that narrows to the nose instead to the tail. I have a couple of smaller transitions, too, so I could make tapered rockets along the lines of Kandy Kolored Tangerine Flake Streamline Baby or more pumpkins.



In any case, I've had enough winter. When it's warm enough to build these things, I'll make the decisions and once I've used the parts for one idea, the leftover parts for the others will have to wait for future supplies to complete them.

Also, I need to build some more small stuff, things that are easily park fliers...

No comments: