Search Lobsterland

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Socks Are Like Snowflakes

This is why I'm never truly caught up on laundry.

It's not because I'm lazy: I am, but it isn't the reason. It's not because I'm a bachelor and bachelors are like bears with drivers licenses, though we are.

The real reason I never don't have laundry to work on is it is impossible to match up all the socks. They are sold in what appear to be matching pairs, but let the kids wear them just once and they become utterly unique.

I have proof: I started setting each individual sock out so when I grabbed one I could see it's mate in the row and this is what I was left with, a row of socks I have no partner for...



So naturally, I put them all in a clothes basket in hopes they'll mate up in the next batch of laundry. Which might pair off one or two but will no doubt add four orphans to the pool in the process.

No comments: