Search Lobsterland

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Origami





I knew Em had checked out a book on origami from the library, but I didn't realize she'd really been using it until she came to me with a cube made of notebook paper.



I was impressed. I also realized, working at a print shop, I have access to a whole candy store of paper colors. So I grabbed a sheet or two of each of the Astrobrights on hand, and we had ourselves a little origami party.



Em taught me to make the cube. Well, first, she taught me to make a fish because it's easy. Baby steps for Dad, you know. Then a butterfly, and then the cube.





Then I wanted to try some of the more challenging shapes in the book, but Em wasn't having it. The bird is impossibly difficult, see also the star cluster, see also the space station. I tried the fancy ball this morning, and I made a big wandering shape I never got closed but it sure wasn't the one in the book.

No comments: