Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Motography


Mo has been into the camera lately. I mean, she's always loved to have her picture taken, and loves to repeatedly have it taken and look at the preview.



But now she loves to take the camera and take pictures. She's very gentle with the camera, uncharacteristically so. And she takes a lot of out of focus shots because she tries to get extra closeup shots of her guys, for instance, but not on manual focus.



But it gives a view of her world. Including an extremely unflattering shot of Daddy this morning, in nothing but boxers, showing my gut in the worst possible light. I debated about sharing the shot here, but I don't want to alienate my last remaining reader.



Only Mo would think to take a picture of the bathroom sink from the POV of the toilet. Yet, artistically, what is a more universal image. We've all looked at it from this angle, but I've never seen a picture of it before.



Kind of like when your Dad wakes up to the sound of you getting stuff off the top of the refrigerator, a place he wouldn't put anything he wants you to have. And maybe he's only in his boxers and he's not quite awake.



And they're his ducky boxers, the ones he figures prove he's comfortable with his manhood, because they really aren't anything a man would want to be pictured in.



So the thing you got from the fridge is a camera...

Yeah, I changed my mind. The truth is ugly, but this is what a Lobster looks like fresh out of bed, from the perspective of his youngest daughter.

No comments: