Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mo-B-Q


The artist formerly known wanted to give a send-off barbecue for Mo's teachers and paras, who have been marvelous these past five years.





Mo is changing schools, starting Fifth Grade in a building that will contain only one of the people she's associated with school the past five years.





So we did. The ex's husband smoked a bunch of ribs and chicken, I made slaw, Legba'd eggs, queso dip and whatnot, and the ex made a huge apple crisp.





There was potato salad, chips, margaritas, and I don't know what-all.





I didn't label my queso dip as 'hot,' but maybe should have. I realized too late that the only Ro-Tel I had was the 'extra hot' kind. So that's what I used.




Of course, I worried that there wasn't enough food. Only four slabs of ribs; only two heads of cabbage-worth of slaw; only two dozen deviled eggs. Only four cases of soda, only a quart and a half of queso, only six or seven bags of chips.



Then half the guests didn't show. I brought home unopened bags of chips. Go figure.

But we had a great time with those who did show. Gifts were given. Margaritas were consumed. Mo took pictures with any camera she could get her hands on.



At one point, she sat on my lap, then gave me a big hug, only until she could reach my camera. Once she had that, she was done with Daddy.

No comments: