Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Crapola

I'm such a shutterbug, it's true. It's an addiction.

Now that my camera has shot craps, I don't quite remember how to live. I've got a bison roast in the crock pot with a couple of bay leaves, some thyme, rubbed sage, parsley, black peppercorns. A can of crushed tomatoes and some fresh diced potatoes, carrots and onion. Garlic.

And no way to show you how cool it looks sitting in the crock pot, the roast still mostly frozen, but waiting to be plugged in before I leave for work in the morning.

Damn.

See, in the hunter-gatherer sense, I don't need a camera. Then again, by that standard, I don't need a car with air conditioning, though I've got the Honda back in the shop tomorrow morning to find out what it's going to take to actually fix the AC on it. Second time in a month it doesn't blow cold.

I'm looking at some eBay auctions, refurbished cameras and so on. Refurbished appears to be less dicey than used, and if I take a few steps back from the new stuff, there's some cameras that would actually be an upgrade out there for under a hundred bucks.



What I'd get, if I could, is the G7 PowerShot. It's about as close to dSLR capabilities as pocket cameras get. It makes its own gravy, but it's too much money. I might find an old G5, but only if I go the used rather than refurbished route.



But the last pictures I got with my PowerShot before the damage was done are pretty good. My Dad and brother hand cranking ice cream on Father's Day. Or Mo freeing the balloons at the same deal.




Or Em playing Tie-Dyed Executioner or whatever this is.

No comments: