Search Lobsterland

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Asian Slaw



This so-called 'Asian' slaw is a recipe I got from a chick I used to work with. She brought it whenever the company I worked for had a pot luck, and it was good.

How good? Well, when a man will ask a female coworker for the recipe, it's bitchin' good.



Then I lost the sheet she wrote it all down on. But I remembered enough to get a good Google search, confirming that she's not the only one to ever make this stuff.


She had a really cool slicer that made incredibly fine slaw from a head of cabbage in one swipe. Like an overgrown tomato slicer, but sturdier and with narrower gaps. I made do with a mandolin slicer.

The recipe (double batch, it was for the Mo-B-Q):



Shred:
1 head green cabbage
1 head red cabbage
1 medium onion

Mix:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 cup rice vinegar
4 'Oriental' Ramen seasoning packets
2 tbsp sugar

Toss shredded veggies in dressing

Crush the four packets of Ramen noodles and add to slaw with:
1 cup sunflower seed kernels
11 oz sesame sticks

Toss the hole bit and serve.




Some recipes I've seen online also call for mandarin oranges, which I didn't use, but it'd be good with them, I'm sure.

No comments: