Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

So for Mother's Day, we went out to eat. Me and my bro and his wife and Mom. Then we went to my brother's to watch a film.

We watched The Pursuit of Happiness.

Man, you know I've been through the mill in a lot of ways. But I've never had to sleep in the train station bathroom with my kids. Never had to find the mission for a bunk.

In part, because of Mom. Charlie Gardner didn't, as far as I can tell, have family to turn to. When is wife left him, when the IRS was impounding his meager bank account, he was without a net. My Mom not only fronted me the money for a lawyer when I got Divorce for Christmas, she popped for it a second time when my first lawyer ripped me off and failed to be much of a lawyer at all.

Mom also gave me CPR when I went into cardiac arrest mowing her lawn, so basically any time I've had in the past five years is on her account anyway.

No comments: