Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 06, 2007

High on High



Mo wanted to go back up the tower is why I was passing by were Dudley had been lost. The weather was perfect, cool and the rain held off for awhile. The wet and overcast made the greens more vivid, reminding me of my fantasy of living in Seattle or Portland where the weather is like this more of the year.



And Mo would totally dig the Space Needle. The problem would be getting her down after she scaled the outside of it.



This, much more modest tower (and, it occurred to me after we were up, lightning rod) was so thrilling she did the 'down down baby' patty cakes thing with an imaginary friend. The other people on the platform pretended this was something they'd seen a million times, bless their hearts.



I also noticed all the kites and whatnot that were in the other trees. Apparently trees do not live by rockets alone.



Mo digs altitude so much. But no way I'd build something like this in my back yard. She has no fear. She'd climb out on the outside of this thing if I left her to her devices.



But it occurs to me that what I would like to do someday is take her on a hot air balloon ride. I'd love that too, but it would be pure heaven for her. Maybe I can find a way to arrange that for a sixteenth birthday or something. Less likely to get her killed or give me another heart attack than giving her a car.


No comments: