Search Lobsterland

Friday, May 04, 2007

Distance

Mo had a seizure at school today. And once again, I couldn't go because my work is too far off.

I used to be the first responder because my work was actually closer to the school than the artist formerly known as Frau Lobster's work was.

But now, it's not that I don't want to go, but I can't get their in a timely enough way to make it meaningful. Not that I can do much of anything once I'm there, but still.

I remember one of the times Mo had a big one at school and I got to the nurse's office and she was sacked out, and everyone was talking about how hard it was on my Ex to be away at work and not able to come. As if I not only wasn't in the room, but wasn't in the picture. Somehow, I don't think they had the same pitying words for me in the exact same dilemma today.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

Sorry to hear Mo had a seizure.

Sometimes it sucks to be the dad.
I hope she's feelin' better....and she gets some rest. Bless her heart.

Autumn said...

Those who matter know the truth. Remember that.

Anonymous said...

Well, those who matter DO know the truth...and the only people who matter in this situation are the parents and Mo.It doesn't matter what the school people say, or anyone else for that matter (esp someone who has never met you), love for your child runs deep and true. Out of necessity Molly's mother has been there more often but...Molly knows you both love her. The artist formerly known as frau lobster lobster knows you love Mo and would be there if you could.Anybody who doubts that? they can take a long walk....