Search Lobsterland

Thursday, May 24, 2007

High Speed Dirt

Behind my house was a farm. Predictably, they switched from cattle and corn to so-called starter homes, those new but relatively modest abodes young married couples first get way over their heads in.

But sales have cooled off, and the immediate field behind me is fallow, just streets waiting for shoddy construction to resume.



Perfect place for RC cars. I've tried to point out to my honyocks that this is also an ideal rocketry range, but so far they haven't bought this reasoning. But these guys run their RC trucks and dune buggies back their a lot. They must live close, because they walk down.



They're pretty loud, being actual gasoline engines. They are spectacular in their way. I can appreciate how someone might get hooked on them. Same way someone might find himself driving around with a bunch of rockets in his trunk all the time...

No comments: