Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Giant Chalk

So I got this big-ass sidewalk chalk with Mo in mind. I knew the loud gang for the awake over would be a stress for her, but if she spent part of the evening coloring on the driveway, she'd maybe get a little less overloaded.



In about two seconds, I had five artists on the driveway. Everyone wanted to color with these baby arm-sized chalk sticks. Mo started coloring in the bricks on the front of my house, and the next thing, everyone caught on and it became quite the beautification project. Except heavy rains were less then ten hours off.

Oh, and they found out that the chalk stuck to their faces.



And then Em broke one of them dotting an 'i' really hard, and then Mo started throwing them down to break them. I told her she had to make good choices if she wanted to postpone her shower until morning and color with sidewalk chalk until dark. Then I warned her again. Then (you shouldn't give this many warnings), again. She still ended up having to go in to take a shower before the light was nearly gone.

No comments: