Search Lobsterland

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Awake Over Test Kitchen

So Em hosted another awake over, sort of. I made pizza, she and her friends watched A Night in the Museum, and so on. But two of the four had to go home to sleep because they hadn't slept much the night before and their Dad wasn't keen on them going totally sleep deprived the whole weekend. Still, they were here until 10:30.



I made two pies for the masses. Plain cheese alfredo, and prosciutto black olive alfredo. The girls were evenly divided in their preferences between these two.



Then my test kitchen muse kicked in, and since I was already dirtying every pan in the house, I made a wheat-flax seed crust and topped it with sun dried tomato pesto, sliced tomatoes, green bell pepper and red onion.



And another plain wheat crust, this time with whole wheat only 25% of the dough instead of 50%, and that got topped with white clam sauce, anchovies and onions.



Good stuff. I'll be eating leftovers until Ragged Rock, but that's cool. It'd been too long since I made a bunch of pizza.

No comments: