Search Lobsterland

Friday, May 18, 2007

The Fog I Forgot

The other morning, it was wicked foggy. I took a ton of pictures, then forgot to post them.



The area I live gets pretty good fogs because it's a relatively low spot, but it's rare to get this kind of real Wolfman Movie sort of stuff. Visibility was less than a quarter mile.



How could I have been so forgetful? Well, now that you asked...

Besides the excitement of getting a new car, a bunch of stuff has gone on this week, none of which involved me sleeping well.



Wednesday night, for instance.

I've learned to not stay up way later than Mo. She sleeps pretty well on 6mg of melatonin, but if she's down by 8:00, don't expect her to sleep past 6:02 the next morning. And if she's up, I'm up. She just requires more supervision than I can provide while asleep.



So I kind of broke the rule and was still up at midnight. I was putting laundry away when I heard her rumbling around in bed. Crap.



Sure enough, she's up before I can go into denial. Normally, this early in the night, I can give her a Benadryl and have her snuggle in my bed. I don't sleep soundly in this scenario, but I can get a little rest and get by.

The Benadryl didn't seem to phase her this time.



Then, I heard a gagging noise, and then I put my hand in the puke. I started trying to run Mo back to her own bed so I could clean up the mess, and that's when I found out she'd puked in her own bed before she got up in the night.

Swell.



I cleaned up her bed as well as I could and got new bedding out for her. She promptly threw up on the new sheets.

Then, when it was the real morning, she got diarrhea, and while she was on the john, she phased out and went into a seizure.

So I'm still doing laundry to catch up. Some big items like my comforter, I might be better off taking to a laundromat. My washing machine isn't really big enough for when they're actually dirty.



So then, tonight, I was trying to round up my honyocks to go launch rockets and Em says her stomach hurts. Rather conveniently, because I knew she was really thinking about going down the street to her friends.

Then she turned out actually to be sick. Including once in the car. She told me to pull over and I barely had the brakes on when she spewed.