Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Lasagnchilada Verde



I would have rather grilled some chicken breasts for this, but I because Congress failed to sprinkle magic dust on the economy, I had to make do with canned chunk chicken breast.



Okay, I was really just too lazy to go get fresh breasts and fire up the grill. With all the seasoning in this casserole, the chicken serves more as cheap, abundant protein than a flavor anyway.



So to a pair of drained 12.5oz cans of chicken, I added:

1 white onion, chopped and sauteed
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 10 oz can Extra Hot Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 28 oz can Enchilada Verdes sauce
12 oz. Soy-Sation fake mozzarella
12 oz. actual cheddar
20 corn tortillas

I layered the ingredients, the tortillas, the stew, the cheese, until it was all used up (three layers deep), then covered with jalapeño slices and baked for 40 minutes at 375ºF.









While I cooked this up, the United States Senate decided to pass a version of the $700 billion bailout. And me with no Anthrax to mail.



This is a bad idea. The consequences of lending irresponsibly are bad. Thank Bill Clinton for starting it, thank George W. Bush for doing nothing whatsoever to stop it, but don't pretend making the Secretary of the Treasury a three-month God is going to fix it. Junk-sickness is bad, but giving the junkie money for 'just one more fix' is not helpful.



Plus, in three months there will be whoever Obama picks as Secretary of the Treasury. So even if Paulson is the genius he's touted to be, he's only there until Christmas.



And yes, I am morbidly certain that Barrack Obama is our next President. I'm not happy about it, even less happy that if he truly fulfills his 'destiny,' he'll be succeeded by President Biden, but I can't see how it's not going to happen. Even conservative Republicans I know are uncomfortable with Palin. I like her, but I like her for the very reasons she's going to lose McCain any chance he ever had. Which is fine as far as it goes, McCain is not really going to govern any differently than Obama would, except that he might keep Paulson on at Treasury. Which would only matter if Paulson isn't shitting us when he says he can fix this.

No comments: