Search Lobsterland

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hair Cut Malpractice



I noticed Mo chewing on her hair some Sunday at Worlds of Fun. She'd just gotten the sides long enough to reach, and it seemed to satisfy her to gnaw on it.

Fine with me, it might give her a reason to let it grow. She gets mistaken for a boy more than I'd think possible, and it seems to bother her sometimes. She has beautiful hair but it gets to bothering her and no matter how vigilant you are, she'll get to scissors and do something about it.



Then, trying to do damage control is sometimes a challenge. One time she ended up with something shorter than Liza Minelli's do and only slightly longer than Annie Lennox's.

This time she got to scissors twice, at my ex's and at school. The artist formerly known as Frau Lobster did a very good job of evening things up, but in the car this evening Mo kept saying 'haircut,' and I worried about what would happen when she found scissors the next time.



So I took her to get a hair cut. She insists on sitting at the microscopic plastic picnic table to color even though she's been to big for it these past eight years or so.

Unfortunately, we got a stylist who didn't know her. She's had her hair cut here many times, but not by this one. And when I said I thought she wanted the bangs short, I don't think I was believed. After three re-approaches, we finally got to bangs that were only an inch longer than I think Mo was trying to ask for. I don't really want her to share hair styles with Emo Phillips, but I guess if she's going to have a butchered bowl cut, I want it to be a professionally butchered bowl.


I finally did get Mo to say she was done, though I think Mo would have sat there and let her take another quarter inch at a time until we got to G.I. Jane.

My resistance was worn down so much at this point I was susceptible to getting Chinese takeout for dinner. This never happens because I can't really afford it. Em was so psyched she insisted I video her dancing in the parking lot ranting about our 'bountiful feast.'


Bountiful Feast from Chixulub on Vimeo.

The bountiful feast was a quart of Sweet & Sour Chicken (the sauce comes on the side, the girls ignore the red stuff and eat the chicken) and a Kung Pao Shrimp. Which I order once every three or four years forgetting it has celery in it and that I don't generally go for cooked celery outside of trace levels in stew.

Still, good eats, and the leftovers are enough to make another entire meal for all three of us. So I guess I could have done worse.

No comments: