Search Lobsterland

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Julie's Excuse



Julie's been looking for an excuse to skip the class reunion ever since me and another classmate started pestering her to go a few months back.



She found the perfect one, too: she had a gallery opening. But she couldn't hide completely, since the gallery in question was two blocks or so from the reunion.



I'd never been to the Crossroads for First Friday. It is truly insane, approximately seven cars for every legal parking space. Okay, I exaggerate, but still.



Julie's amazing pics from her travels with Romany folks (more commonly known as Gypsies, a term that turns out to carry some pejorative ethnic baggage; I don't know if it's so much like 'nigger' as maybe on a par with 'colored' or 'darky').



Actually, Julie missing the reunion wasn't that big a deal to me because I stay in touch with her. The fun part of the reunion was all the people I'd failed to keep in touch with and finding out what they'd managed to get up to the past couple decades.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Julie's work is getting the attention it deserves. Will you please convince her to get a book published one of these days?