Search Lobsterland

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chicken Soup For the Throat

I guess the roids worked better than I gave them credit for, because while I still felt sick enough for chicken soup, I felt well enough to make my own eight hours after gobbling the pills.



The breasts were frozen, so I defrosted them some in the 'wave and roasted them some in the oven. Meanwhile, I sauteed onions in olive oil, added bay leaves, and various seasonings, Old Bay, Poultry Magic, some thyme.





After cubing the breast and a pound and a half of carrots, I added a gallon of chicken broth. And a pound of frozen peas.





Then I cracked four eggs and mixed in flour until it was a stiff ball. I rolled this out and cut it with my noodle cutter, a Christmas present from last year that saves me from noodles the size of a baby's arm. These are only finger-sized.

My baby's arm (one of them, anyway) even helped cut the noodles.





Was it more work than opening a can of Campbell's? You bet your Bippy, but worth it. Probably did more to heal me than even steroid abuse...

No comments: