Search Lobsterland

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sunday Afternoon In the Park

Em was on a prolonged cousin sleepover, and Mo was not happy about it.

Every option I offered her met with a 'no.' So I dragged her to Shawnee Mission Park for some launches despite her objections.



There was another family doing launches in the meadow, a version of my family if the Dad discovers rocketry before the divorce. Would it have been that simple, to fly some Estes models and just like Genie wags her ponytail at the marriage and we're happy? I know, doubtful.



They had some cool models, though. A Fat Boy, a Skywriter, an Honest John. They even have the same Beta Transwing boost glider I've had for about a year and haven't yet built.



I had a couple of Guillow gliders with me, though. I'd thought maybe Mo would get a kick out of them but she wants to throw them like they're wads of paper, so if they do any gliding it's not as a result of her efforts. I tried, several times, to show her how to launch the things from the hand, and she'd take them and throw them like they were a gob of germs she was afraid of.



I tried, once again, to get Bebop out of the tree. But alas. A passerby even pitched in with a much better throwing arm than mine, but ultimately the clothesline and the cardboard tube on it's end ended up lost to the tree as well. I weigh almost 300 lbs, and even leaning with all my weight, it was nothing doing. It was freakin' stuck.



Ah well.

No comments: